I’m going to make this a quick and easy step by step without a long drawn out story or explanation…
Ain’t no body go time for THAT, so let’s get to the point here.
*Note I have our grocery budget of $150 in mind through out this whole process.
- Step 1: I look and make two list. What meals I have and what we are out of. Oh! And this includes food + anything else we use for hygene, cleaning, etc.
- Step 2: I use the flipp app and my stores online website/mailed adds and search for those things in my list that are on sale! I will then list the price and ideal adding as I go. Unless I know an iteam can be found cheaper else where. ( I know I can get bread at our local econo foods for 89 cents)
- Step 3: I ask what foods my husband is craving and take into account what my toddler has been asking for or run some of her favorite meals by her. I’ll look at the sales ads. Then I will find what I need to make those meals and add them.
- Step 4: I’ll look at meat and produce in adds and add only what’s on sale at the cheapest.
- Step 5: I check and make sure my list adds up to only $100 or less.
- Step 6: One store has a card I can clip digital coupon too, so I do that. The other has a “Super” coupon that is in their sales add I cut that out and put it in my wallet along with any other coupons and my list.
- Step 7: I go grocery shopping
Here is explanations I was saving.
My list is in my phone with the flipp app and on paper, I take both and sometime forget one..you know which.
Where does the $50 go in my budget?
Well 3 things
Knowing exactly where the sales items are usually in my store I make a point to look. These iteams usually arent included in the add.
I also looking for stock up iteams that are on sale, especially if it’s canned goods.
And during summer/fall we go out to our camp a lot, spend a good bit of time getting wood, and hunting. So we need quick grab n go, grilling,or easy prepared food/drink. During the winter my husband and I have a “date” where we get our favorite foods and watch a movie on the weekend.
Do I store hop?
Sometimes, the stores in town are close enough that it doesn’t bother me too if something like meat is on sale cheaper.
Lastly the irrelevant, my grammar are good is. I have to remind y’all from time to time. 🙂
Comment and let me know what’s on your mind about this.